Thursday, May 13, 2010

Kildare Readers Festival

The Kildare Readers Festival takes place in Naas this Friday through Sunday. The headline act is John Connolly and Stuart Neville who are on at 19.30 on Saturday evening and I'm looking forward to lurking in the audience and hearing what they have to say (and hopefully getting copies of their books signed). I'm on a panel with Dermot Bolger, Patricia Groves and John MacKenna on Saturday at noon. I'm hopeful that the three of them should guarantee some kind of audience and it'll be interesting to chat with them. I'm kind of looking forward to it; though I'm also a little apprehensive given it'll be my first time participating in one of these things. I could do with an actor to do the reading as it's quite a bit of dialogue and I'll probably end up reading all the character's voices in the same accent and tone. I shouldn't imagine that's going to be very entertaining. I better start practising.

1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Wish I were there to hear you.