Saturday, June 19, 2010

Red Hot?

There are a handful of blogs that if I've only got a couple of minutes to browse, I always click through to and one of them is Paul Brazill's excellent, You Would Say That, Wouldn't You.  There were two surprises waiting for me there this afternoon.  First, there is a review of The White Gallows - not the usual blog fare given that TWG is a straight-up police procedural rather than the more usual noir and hardboiled YWSTWY covers.  Second, my short story, Stakeout, has been shortlisted for the Jason Duke's Red Hot Writing Contest, which has made my day.  I'm chuffed to make the last eight, and thrilled for Harry and Pete, the stars of the story.  I've been meaning to write another installment of Harry and Pete's politically incorrect observations of life and bad jokes and this is a spur to get my act together and get on with it.  A good review of The White Gallows and making the Red Hot shortlist - a double whammy.  Red hot?  Well I'm certainly flushed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob - Well-done! You certainly deserve the acclaim : ).

Paul D Brazill said...

Ta for the kind words about the blog, Rob.As you may have noticed, it's been full of guest bloggers and interviews since I discovered that other people have far more intersting things to say than I do!

Good luck with The White Gallows, it's bound to be a hit.

Dorte H said...

Is something wrong with the link to Paul´s blog, or is it just my d... computer?

Great to hear about your well-deserved success as a crime fiction writer.

Rob Kitchin said...

Dorte, have fixed the links. Thanks for noting.