Saturday, July 3, 2010

Gunshot Blues

I received an email this morning from Amazon to tell me that my pre-ordered copy of Gunshot Road by Adrian Hyland would be delayed in delivery.  Great for Hyland as Amazon have already run out of stock, annoying for me since I wanted to get my sticky mitts on it.  At least I had better luck in the local bookshop - the copy I'd ordered of Almost Blue by Carlo Lucarelli had arrived.  I'm looking forward to tucking into this one.  I'm a fan of Lucarelli after reading his De Luca trilogy, which I highly recommend.

4 comments:

Jose Ignacio Escribano said...

Thanks for the tip Rob. I have De Luca trilogy in my wish list will add them to my to-read pile inmediately.

Maxine Clarke said...

Seems a bit odd as the UK edition (Quercus)was only published on 1 July - maybe the actual printing has been delayed. Enjoy Almost Blue - I liked it, more as it progressed than I did at the start.

Bernadette said...

It's probably because all us Aussies are buying them up Rob - much cheaper than buying them here and apparently it makes no difference to Adrian's bank balance where we buy them from

Sam Hell said...

Not true, Bernadette. You're significantly eating in to Adrian's income by buying copies of his books overseas, possibly by as much as 50%.