Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lazy Sunday Service

The gongs for the Irish Book Awards were announced last Thursday. The winner of the Ireland AM crime novel of the year was Bloodland by Alan Glynn. My review of the book can be found here, the other nominees here. My review of Winterland, the first book in the loose trilogy is here. I attended the launch of Bloodland just a couple of months back in the Gutter Bookshop and despite only being available for a short while the book has clearly made a positive impression on the reading public. Congrats to Alan. And if you haven't yet read Bloodland, get yourself down to your local bookshop; it's a real page turner. I'll be toddling down there when his forthcoming third book, Graveland, is released.

My posts this week:
Continuity
A ghost of a chance
Review of The Red Coffin by Sam Eastland
Review of The Hanging Shed by Gordon Ferris
Tactics without strategy: decentralisation and post-decentralisation
The end of a dream

No comments: