Sunday, August 26, 2012

Lazy Sunday Service

I've had a week of small mishaps, mostly forgeting and missing things.  I'm writing this blog at this time as my Kindle has died, just as I've reached the last third of Andrew Nette's Ghost Money, and I've left the cable to charge it somewhere else.  I missed the launch to Declan Burke's Slaughter's Hound on Wednesday because I'd written it in my diary for Thursday and what's worse, I was in Dublin at the time and I'd arranged other meetings on the Thursday built around when I thought the launch was.  I've since managed to buy a copy and also spent yesterday in Sligo, the setting of the book, and had a fabulous walk along Streedagh beach with the dogs.  Looking forward to reading this one.  His last book, Absolute Zero Cool, was excellent.


My posts this week
Oxford crime fiction?
Commercial vacancy in Ireland: The need for the full picture
Review of The Sleepwalkers by Paul Grossman
Review of The Science of Paul by Aaron Philip Clark
Review of The Last Policeman by Ben Winters
Listless

1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Declan is going to be in my neighborhood in October. Hope to get to hear him.