Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lazy Sunday Service

A very quiet week with my head down writing on ethics and big data and trying not to become too paranoid about the dark undertones of dataveillance.  To keep the dark theme going, in the evenings I've read Tim Hallinan's A Nail Through the Heart and Roger Smith's Ishmael Toffee, and I'm now halfway through The Reckoning by Jane Casey.  All of which highlight what a messed up and often sick world with live in.  I think I might need to read something fluffy, light and funny next, though I don't see much of that in the TBR pile.

My posts this week:
Review of The Barber Surgeon's Hairshirt by Douglas Lindsay
Review of Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Launch of The Doll's House by Louise Phillips
Review of The Lost by Claire McGowan
We're not losing any more

No comments: