Tuesday, September 3, 2013

August reviews

A mixed bag of read for August.  My read of the month was Ernest Cline's Ready Player One, which proved to be a fun and well plotted and realised book.

The Third Rail by Michael Harvey **.5
The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt ****
The Signal in the Noise by Nate Silver ****
Waiting for Sunrise by William Boyd ***
The Reckoning by Jane Casey ***.5
A Nail Through the Heart by Tim Hallinan ***
Ishmael Toffee by Roger Smith *****
The Barber Surgeon's Hairshirt by Douglas Lindsay ***
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline *****
The Lost by Claire McGowan ***.5
Black Seconds by Karin Fossum ****

1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I must read ROGER SMITH. Loved the Karen Fossum I've read but not this one, I think. SISTER BROTHERS-I have given that book out several times now. So original.