Thursday, March 13, 2014

TBR getting out of hand

I've been buying books faster than I can read them for a little while now.  I had a sort through the to be read pile yesterday, splitting it into two - those I'm likely to read in the next while and those that will keep for a rainy day.  And that process ignored the virtual pile on the kindle and the pile of academic books I have to read.  I have two more books on order, but after than I'm going to try to abstain for a few weeks to create a bit of space on the shelf.  And here is 'live' TBR.  Should keep me going for a while (about 5 months if I don't buy any others; which, of course, I will).



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob, I will also avoid buying any crime fiction book during a month at least and reduce, somehow, my TBR pile. I've also a couple of book on its way. I like your idea to split the TBR pile in those two categories. We don't have too many rainy days here. Some books will have to wait longer. I wonder who will the first to break our good intentions

Rob Kitchin said...

Oh, I have every confidence I'll break my good intentions quite quickly!

Anonymous said...

Rob - Your TBR reminds me of my own *sigh.* There is never, ever enough time to read all of the books I want to read...

Anonymous-9 said...

A universal lament, Rob. I, for one, am very grateful you always seem to find "room for one more."
Anonymous-9