Saturday, April 5, 2014

Path of least resistivity

‘How was I supposed to know he didn’t speak English?’

‘By talking to him.’

‘But he wouldn’t have understood me!’

‘Precisely.  Instead you plugged fifty thousand volts into him.’

‘I just gave him a quick blast to get his attention.’

‘You already had his attention.  It was your attention that got him agitated.’

‘Which is why he needed a quick taser jolt.’

‘You almost killed him, Carver.  The guy was in his seventies.’

 ‘He’s okay now, isn’t he?’

‘He’ll probably sue us, unless he dies, in which case his family will.’

‘I could give them a jolt if you like?’




A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well-written, Rob. Makes me wonder how often that kind of thing really does happen. Probably more than we like to think.