Sunday, February 1, 2015

Lazy Sunday Service

In the past couple of weeks I've had a number of invitations to present talks, all to do with my research on smart cities and big data, with one exception - an invite to present at an academic event in June at Queen's University Belfast concerned with rurality and crime fiction.  Basically they want me to use the lens of cultural and literary geographies to examine rurality in crime fiction.  I've not written an academic paper about crime fiction as yet, and it's also been a long time since I looked at what's happening in literary geographies, so it'll be an interesting challenge.  There's so many crime novels set in rural settings, and so many themes one could explore, it's actually quite difficult to know where to start.  Answers in the comment box below please.

My posts this week:
New paper: Knowing and governing cities through urban indicators, city benchmarking and real-time dashboards
Review of My Soul to Take by Yrsa Sigurðardóttir
Beneath the ice

No comments: