Sunday, June 21, 2015

Lazy Sunday Service

I reached 22 talks for the year on Friday.  The 21st was at an international crime fiction conference in Belfast, where a bunch of academics talked about crime fiction and rurality.  I've studiously avoided crossing my professional life with my personal interest, so wasn't sure about the wisdom of presenting, but I thoroughly enjoyed the event.  Some interesting papers and great company always make a good combination, and thankfully my paper managed to avoid being a car crash in slow motion.  Plus I came away with a list of books to track down, including those of Leigh Redhead, who'd made the trip from Australia to present.  Off to Sheffield this afternoon to give another talk, then have another in Dublin on Thursday.  Then three more next week on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday.  It's all go at the minute! 

My posts this week
Review of The Sittaford Mystery by Agatha Christie
No Alibis for McGilloway and Quinn
Wandering the streets

No comments: