Sunday, July 26, 2015

Lazy Sunday Service

On Thursday and Friday I attended the MacGill Summer School in Glenties, Donegal.  It's an interesting event that's been running since 1981 and is unusual in that it is attended by senior politicians from all political parties, including government ministers (and this year the Taioseach [Prime Minister]), and by high profile journalists, with a smattering of academics thrown in.  Moreover, it's cheap to attend (€20 a day), and the sessions are geniunely open to debate and views and questions from the floor.  The sessions I was involved in on housing, planning and rural development were excellent in terms of setting out the present state of play and debating present and future policy.  And to top it off I was housed in Meryl Streep's old room at the Highlands Hotel.


My posts this week

Review of The Laughing Policeman by Maj Sjowall and Per Wahloo
Review of Little Girl Lost by Brian McGilloway
Review of Werewolf by Matthew Pritchard
I can't confess to what I don't remember

No comments: