Sunday, March 20, 2016

Lazy Sunday Service


Friday was the first time in 20 years I had to pull out of presenting a talk, breaking my 312 not out record (which having totted it up is a heck of a lot of events). I didn't take the decision lightly and was thinking of driving to Galway, giving my presentation, and then trying to get emergency dental treatment. In the end sense prevailed and my dentist kindly slotted me into her day's scheduled. Upper left molar extracted. Still can't believe how much pain can emanate from a single tooth.  I'm now getting used to the gap and reading Tin Sky by Ben Pastor to aid recovery.

My posts this week
Review of A Life In Secrets by Sarah Helm
Review of Rain Dogs by Adrian McKinty
Breaker's yard

3 comments:

seana graham said...

I'm glad common sense prevailed, Rob. Anyone who follows your blog already knows you're not a slacker.

TracyK said...

I am also glad you got your tooth taken care of. Looking forward to your review of Tin Sky. I have the first book in the series on my TBR pile.

Rob Kitchin said...

Hi Seana, it's not the slacking bit that vexes me, it's the letting folks down and not doing what I said I would.

Hi Tracy, I like the series. Bora is a complex character. I hope you find it a good read.