Saturday, January 14, 2017

Flight of the Living Dead

‘It’s empty.’

‘Empty?’

‘Yeah, Locker 3.’

 ‘It can’t be.  I put him there myself.  Let me see.’ 

Taylor marched past his young assistant.

‘Maybe you put him in a different one,’ Lenihan said, trailing behind.

They both stared into the empty locker.

‘For God’s sake!’ Taylor opened each of the twelve lockers in turn, five of them occupied.

‘Well, he didn’t walk out of here by himself!’

‘Unless he’s a zombie.’

‘Someone must have stolen him.’

‘Who steals a corpse?’

‘How the hell should I know!  The sub-editors are going to have a field day.’

‘Flight of the Living Dead!’



A drabble is a story of exactly 100 words

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is great, Rob! Now I absolutely must know what happened to that corpse. You really could develop this into something if you wanted to do that.